Monday, November 26, 2012

Out of the Hospital ... Liquid Diet

I just got out of the hospital last night. I was admitted Friday night and just came home last night (Sunday). Remember those horrible stomach pains and nausea I posted about Friday evening? Well, I thought it was only my food digesting slowly and giving me gas pains or something. But a little while after I posted that, I started throwing up and it wouldn't stop. I threw up nonstop for 4 hours. I was so sick and there was nothing left in my stomach, but I kept throwing up anyway. I was just laying on my bathroom floor shaking and crying. My parents finally took me to the hospital when I began throwing up blood. It was the worst pain I've ever felt. When I got to the hospital, they said I was so dehydrated that I needed to be put on an IV immediately. But the throwing up still didn't stop. I was mostly just dry heaving up blood and stomach acid since there was no food left in my stomach and I was so dehydrated. I was shaking so hard I couldn't even stand, much less make it to the bathroom on my own. They finally put some stomach medicine in my IV to stop the throwing up and I fell right to sleep. When I woke up the next day, I felt a lot better, but I was so thirsty and still felt a bit shaky. When the doctor came in to see me, he said I had blisters on my throat from all the stomach acid. It hurt so bad, but I didn't throw up anymore after that. They kept me there the following night for observation, just to be safe. 


But I am finally back home. I've been put on bed rest and a liquid diet for the next 48 hours. After that I am supposed to only eat soft foods or soup for the rest of the week, or until my throat feels better and my stomach is back to normal. Of course I wish this had never happened, but I can't help but be thankful that if I am going to be confined to my bed and unable to be active for awhile, at least my diet has been restricted by my doctor as well. I can't think of anything worse than laying in bed for days and stuffing my face with no way to get rid of the calories. Good thing my stomach still feels weak. I don't think I could eat any real food even if the doctor hadn't told me to stick to liquids. But look on the bright side, I haven't eaten solid food in 3 days...

3 comments:

  1. wow babe.. I am only just readin this and havent read your email yet.. But I will reply to it shortly.. I am so so horrified at what has happened you poor girl! I really wish there was something I could do to take all of this pain away.. you must feel so terrible! did they tell you what was wrong at all darling? I really hope you are ok and that whatever it is it doesnt come back.. that would be so horrible :( please please keep drinking loads I am so so sorry - you are the sweetest thing and dont deserve this I hope to God you get better soon, just the thought of you shaking and being sick makes me so upset, please take care and let your family know if you start feeling worse.. Love you loads and loads xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey babygirl, I hope you are feeling better <3 I have nominated you for an award on my blog so check it out when you have a moment.

    Sending you get well hugs! x

    ReplyDelete