Thursday, February 2, 2012

Liquid Fasting

I recently started following this really thinspiring blog, Striving For Perfection. I asked the author, Renea, for some tips on liquid fasting, and I wanted to share them on my blog as well!

Here are her liquid fasting tips:

1.      Start on a busy day, that way you are distracted and don’t have time to eat.
2.      Water bottle with you at ALL times! I keep mine in my purse.
3.      Keep reminding yourself that the 1st day is the hardest but after the other days are so much easier, I’m not saying a walk in the park but I am saying they are easier.
4.      Before going on the fast go for 4-7 days eating mostly raw fruits and veggies.
5.      Remember you will get dizzy easier and possibly blackout.
6.      Don’t forget to rest and sleep lots!

A big thank you to Renea for answering my question. I’ve been dying to do a liquid fast, but every time I try it ends in epic failure. So, I’m super excited to do one now that I have a better idea of how I should do it! I don’t think for first fast I should set my sights on a whole week. My plan is to just try and make it one day. One entire, full day without food. Oh, the thought of it is just glorious. Starting tomorrow, I’ll begin preparing for it with a few days of fruits and veggies only. Wish my luck!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment